Welcome :)

Welcome!

For those who have stumbled across this blog and have no idea who I am - let me introduce myself :) My name is Kazz, I am 51 years old, a independent, stubborn and single woman on a weight loss journey.

Yes this is a dreaded weight loss journal...with the word "journey" in the title. So many in the weight loss community hate the word "journey"...Im not sure why. To me it is a journey....a never ending journey with lots of twists and turns....lots of bumps in the road...and occassionally even a dead end road but you can always do a U turn and get out of that dead end road :)

SO. A bit about my weight loss journey. Skinny active child. I then started gaining in my teens, diagnosed with PCOS in my 20's.  And by the age of  about 39 I reached 173.1 kilos (380 pounds) I then worked on it for the next 6 years and lost 94 kilos (206 pounds) and got down to 79 kilos. Then life threw me a few curve balls. And i gained back 54 kilos!!! I

n October 2016 I weighed in at 133.6 kilos and 16 months later I got back down to 102.5 kilos. Life was good. I was so close to double digits. I was fitting in size 14-16 tops...I was loving life. Then I got involved in a relationship. Now this post is not to bash that relationship...but the honest truth is it was a unhealthy relationship full of manipulation and a lot of dishonesty. Whilst it ended in November 2018 I still get messages from this person swinging from I miss you type messages....to calling me names. In amongst all of that I then got made redundant from my job of 17 years. Trust me the last half of 2018 was crazy, full of stress and uncertainty. Mid January I started a new job and its taken me a full 3 months to get to the point in my job where I have enough self belief in myself to know I can do this job and do it long term, and just in the last week or so I got off probation (yay!!!)

As I got off probation I made a decision I was no longer going to interact with the person I broke up with. And something funny happened. I did something in a positive way to put my life in control and suddenly other things fell into place, work felt better, my relationships with others (family/friends) I realised were a total blessing, and I then booked a overseas trip to Europe for next february, and then I was like...BUGGER THIS.... I will not allow that one crappy relationship deter me from living my best life. And like *snap* after 12 months of so of having uncontrollable carb cravings I was in such a positive frame of mind I knew this time I was doing it and when I went on that trip in 10 months time I was not only going to be smaller (not at goal but well on my way to goal) but I was also going to be fit enough to walk 20-30k steps per day seeing all that great things Europe has to offer.

So I got back on track on April 12 2019. How did I feel at this point? Physically I had so many issues...my achilles was injured, the soles of my feet ache consistently even at night when lying in bed they are still sore, my ankle joints had got stiff, simple walks were a effort, pain in my hamstring and calves and just so DAMN tired and lacking motivation for everything all the time. So I weighed in....and weighed in at 145.1 kilos.

Week one is now done. I didnt do anything specific except try to eat a bit better. I was still eating a lot of carbs. But I weighed in at the end of week one feeling empowered, and proactive and positive with a loss of 2.3 kilos (yay me) weighing in at 142.8 kilos.

I am now on to day 3 of week 2. This week nutrition wise I am knuckling down. I know from previous experience works for my body, and thats calorie/carb cycling. I dont want to put any ridiculous stress and expectations on to myself. But my first long term goal is to get under 110 kilos by February 28 when I fly out to Europe. 44 week and 5 days to go!!!

I will be posting in here regularly, Writing and processing my thoughts is so beneficial to my journey.

If your interested follow my journey and if you want to see me on instagram you can find me under "kazzsjourney" until next time my friends!

No comments